REGARDING THE AUTHOR


You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory.
That's where I want to live the rest of my life.
A warm place with no memory.














30 Aralık 2009 Çarşamba

The Judgment Day






Sarah Connor
: [narrating] 3 billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines. The computer which controlled the machines, Skynet, sent two Terminators back through time. Their mission: to destroy the leader of the human resistance, John Connor, my son. The first Terminator was programmed to strike at me in the year 1984, before John was born. It failed. The second was set to strike at John himself when he was still a child. As before, the resistance was able to send a lone warrior, a protector for John. It was just a question of which one of them would reach him first.




John Connor
: We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.
The Terminator: It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.





The Terminator
: Why do you cry?
John Connor: You mean people?
The Terminator: Yes.
John Connor: I dont' know. We just cry. You know, when it hurts.
The Terminator: Pain causes it?
John Connor: No, it's when there's nothing wrong with you, but you hurt anyway. You get it?
The Terminator: No.




The Terminator: [John starts to cry] What's wrong with your eyes?





John Connor
: You just can't go around killing people.
The Terminator: Why?
John Connor: What do you mean why? 'Cause you can't.
The Terminator: Why?
John Connor: Because you just can't, OK? Trust me on this.





The Terminator
: Come with me if you want to live!






The Terminator: I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do.






John Connor
: Jesus, you were gonna kill that guy.
The Terminator: Of course; I'm a terminator.





Sarah Connor: [voiceover] Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator wouldn't stop, it would never leave him. It would never hurt him or shout at him or get drunk and hit him or say it was too busy to spend time with him. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers that came over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only thing that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.





John Connor
: Are you ever afraid?
The Terminator: No.
John Connor: Not even of dying?
The Terminator: No.
John Connor: You don't feel any emotion about it one way or another?
The Terminator: No. I have to stay functional until my mission is complete. Then it doesn't matter.
John Connor: Yeah. I have to stay functional too. I'm "too important".





John Connor
: The whole thing goes: The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder